Corporate Testimonial – BBGR, Birmingham
”The feedback is amazing, even my manager has now signed up to the event on Friday because everyone is talking about it. My colleague mentioned that the egg frittatas were amazing too!”
[Email from Simran Bhatt, HR Advisor, following Seminar 1]
About BBGR Staff
BBGR is a French company and one of the biggest optical lens producers in Europe. It has several bases in the UK, of which Birmingham is one. The majority of its male and female staff at the Birmingham base, are aged late 30s to mid 70s and are culturally diverse, with many following a vegetarian or vegan diet. The staff work demanding 12-hour shift patterns, which rotate such that members work every second weekend.
Our Brief and Objectives
System Reset’s input to be a key element in a BBGR week-long ‘Healthy Living’ event.
- To give participants an opportunity to discuss their perceptions of ‘health’ and ‘well-being’
- To help participants learn more about how what we eat affects our health
- To highlight foods which support and those that hinder our health
- To enable participants to make ‘pro-health’ food and life-style choices
- To demonstrate that cooking from scratch is not only healthy, but will save time and money
- To provide participants with access to a range of on-line and down-loadable recipes and resources to support ‘healthy habits’
To engage staff from the outset of the event with a series of fun, group exercises, plenary feedback and facilitator-led input and to conclude with a demonstration of simple but delicious dishes which meet a wide range of dietary preferences and fit in with a demanding, shift-led lifestyle.
- What does ‘health’ look like? (Group exercise)
- What are we eating? What ‘should’ we be eating? (Group exercises)
- What’s on the label? And what’s not?! Does it Matter (Group exercise & facilitator input)
- Diseases of ‘Civilisation’ (Facilitator input)
- What to eat? Granny knew best! (Facilitator input)
- Super-quick, super-delicious, super-flexible breakfasts, lunches and suppers (Demonstration and tasting)
”BBGR invited Isabel and Kirsty to create a bespoke nutrition seminar and practical cooking demonstration tailored to our working shift patterns. We wanted to educate our staff and change eating habits to healthier lifestyle choices.
These ladies were amazing, their presentation, culinary skills and team activities were on fire, literally! (Well, maybe not actually literally!)
They have left our employees talking, eating and sharing good food advice. Certainly a different perspective into a healthy engaged workforce.”
Simran Bhatt, HR Advisor.