Chorizo, Red Pepper & Sweet Potato Frittata
This delicious one-pan, stove-top frittata is a meal in a pan, with a great balance of proteins, carbs and fats.
It will sort you out for:
- Breakfast – served solo
- Lunch – great for the lunch box, add a serving of slaw
- Supper – your choice of tomato or green leaf salads, or buttered vegetables
Result? Or, result!
Pasture-raised meats, dairy, eggs and wild caught fish have a vastly superior nutritional profile, as do organic, or cleanly grown fruits and vegetables. Please try to source your food as well as you are able.
(Image credit: pickalily.com)
- 2 tbsps olive oil extra virgin
- 1 medium sweet potatoes peeled & coarsely grated
- 8 slices chorizo uncooked is best, small dice
- 6 tabsp red peppers finely chopped
- 5 large eggs pastured or truly free-range
- 4 spring onions finely chopped
- 2 tbsp flat-leaf parsley finely chopped
- 100 g mature cheddar or Manchego, finely grated
- sea salt & ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 tsp oregano dried, or 1 tsp freshly chopped
- In a 20cm (8 in) frying pan, heat the olive oil. Add the sweet potato and cook until just tender. Add the red pepper and cook gently for 5 mins until softened.
- Add the chorizo and cook until slightly crisp.
- Beat together the eggs, spring onions, oregano, half the parsley, salt & pepper.
- Turn down the heat and add the egg mixture to the frying pan.
- When the mixture has set on the bottom, add the grated cheese and stir gently to incorporate.
- Cover the pan* and cook gently, covered, for about 7 - 10 mins, until the frittata has set all the way through. Reduce the heat to make sure the bottom doesn't burn.*
- When the top is set, sprinkle with the remaining parsley and serve!
If you want to finish the frittata under the grill: Reserve a tablespoon of grated cheese, and when the bottom and sides of the frittata are set, sprinkle with the cheese and place the fry-pan under a medium-hot grill until set and slightly risen.